Sunday, October 24, 2010

Williams Recalled from Hartford (Updated)

Update, 5:40 p.m.:
Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has this quote fomr Torts on Todd White:

“I’ve got to figure out what I’m going to do with Todd White,” Tortorella said. “I don’t have him in a spot that I’m certainly giving him a fair chance to show me what he has. I don’t know what he is as a player. I think when you put him in spots and different situations that really isn’t fair to him. I don’t think he has a ton of confidence in his play and I have a little bit to do with that as far as the spots I’ve put him in and how I’ve spotted him in certain areas. I’m concerned about the speed, I’ve talked to him about that. But I don’t think I’ve given him a fair shake. But we bring a kid up here that I think could add some offense, might play a little bit on the power play and I want to look at him. And I’ve been very honest with Todd about that. We’ll talk next week and try to figure out how to give him a better opportunity, if we can."

Update, 5:08 p.m.:
Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report tweets that Brandon Prust will play and Williams may start in place of White.

...great to hear Prust will be back in there. White has been invisible, so this is double great news with Williams possibly getting the start.

Original Post:
Newyorkrangers.com reports forward Jeremy Williams has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack.

Williams, 26, currently leads Hartford and is tied for 11th in the AHL with four goals, including two power goals, and is tied for second on the Wolf Pack in scoring with six points.

...this is obviously a precautionary move in the event Prust can;t go because of stick to the eye from last night.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: