Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Video: Torts Talks Loss vs. Thrashers

Rangers head coach John Tortorella speaks with reporters after the Blueshirts fell to the Atlanta Thrashers 6-4 here.

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report has player reaction...

Marc Staal on the lost puck on the 3-2 goal...

“It was along the when it came around. All of a sudden it started bouncing. Obviously, looking back, I would have stopped it with my skate against the boards and made sure I had it, but it just bounced over (my stick).”

Ryan Callahan on the message during the timeout...

“He just said, ‘We’ve got to pick up our game.’ He wasn’t telling us anything we didn’t know. We weren’t winning battles, we weren’t getting pucks in like we wanted to and he explained that to us. We have to realize that ourselves, too, that we can’t take shifts off or take long stretches off and expect to win.

“I don’t know (why). I wish I knew. The big shifts are after goals and things like that, and I thought after we scored our first goal, and even after Aves ties it, we didn’t come back at them and continue to pressure. Early in the season we’ve got to learn that, that after a goal, those are pretty big shifts. And we’ve got to keep going with the momentum. Unfortunately we didn’t do that, and we sat back on our heels after goals.”

Martin Biron on his performance...

“It might have been a situation where earlier in the game, one save makes the difference, so everybody can accept their own game. I’ll look at my own game and I want to see what I can do to help this team win games. That’s what I’m doing.”


Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: