Sunday, October 31, 2010

What I Missed While Stealing My Kids' Candy

Jesse Spector at the Blueshirt Blog reports that contrary to a Swedish newspaper report, MZA is not on his way back to his former Swedish Elite League team Modo and is still with the Hartford Wolfpack.

Spector also reports that Evgeni Grachev is staying with the team and has this quote from Torts...

“He’s gonna play,” Tortorella said. “We’re gonna keep him here right now, and I want to see more of him, and hopefully he can keep on growing, and as long as he protects the puck, I think the other parts of his game will come into play because I think he’ll get more minutes.”

...too much of a stomach ache from candy to write any thoughts. So let's hear yours in the comments section.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

7 comments:

Riley said...

Glad to see Grachev up. Hopefully he can rise to the occassion and work his way onto the third line.

Brian, mineola said...

Yeah, Grachev will see just as much promised time as White's gotten. Not that I really cared that White hasn't gotten all that much but I don't want to see them handle Grachev the way the handle Gilroy. With his size, he could be a real monster one day

Unknown said...

Unfortunately I haven't seen Grachev do much of anything in what little ice time he's gotten.

I hope that they can be patient with him and let him get accustomed to the speed of play at this level. He sure is a better option on the wing than Boogaard.

Evan S said...

you can't trust these international news sources regarding players, its mostly bogus. As for Grachev, as long as he gets 10 minutes a game minumum, I'm fine with him staying. But Torts has a nasty habit of not giving players time when he should.

Unknown said...

RJ, what exactly are you expecting to see?

evantonio said...

i only hope that torts rolls 4 lines if they keep him on the 4th line. coach has a tendency to forget about the 4th line for long stretches of time. i'd rather he play in hartford than sit on broadway.

Rick said...

I like the approach of give him a taste of the NHL for a stretch. Let him feel the game and let him become exposed to the areas he needs to work on to become a better and more prepared player. Eventually he should work out.