Friday, October 29, 2010

Rangers Talk Loss to Canes

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report had numerous post game quotes including these...

Ryan Callahan:

“We’ve got to tighten up defensively still. We know we’re still running around a little bit in our defensive zone. I think that will come with time. I think we’ve gotten better through the first part of the season here, and everybody’s starting to get better at it and starting to get used to it, but we still have to tighten up some and limit their chances.”

Marc Staal...

“I thought in the second we were having problems getting it out of our zone cleanly. We had a lot of turnovers before our blue line and in the neutral zone, and I thought that caused them to have a little momentum. Obviously there’s things we can tighten up.”

Henrik Lundqvist...

“I felt good. I had a good feeling that we could do this, we’d get a good win at home. But again we lose a game short-handed late in the game. It’s always tough to lose that way. But we definitely created enough chances to win the game. But, you know, we came up short and, oh, very disappointing.”

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has more including this quote from John Tortorella on the refs...

“I’m not going to whine. I don’t want to whine about it,” Tortorella added. “But it just frustrates the hell out of me when two teams fight so hard and it’s really a non-call there and that’s frustrating. I guess I am whining a little bit. It just ticks me off. It does because I think the teams need to decide it. And then after that, Dubi is a blatant interference off the faceoff, the one he losses before the power play goal is scored. It’s blatant interference.”

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: