Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Next Chapter for TheNYRBlog

Last week, I informed all of you that I was in discussions with the sports blog network Bloguin about moving TheNYRBlog under their umbrella.

I first want to express my sincere appreciation for all the feedback I received, next I'd like to announce that I have accepted Bloguin's offer to join their network.

I'm not sure when the transformation will begin, but I know they want to get started as soon as possible and I'm super pumped to get going.

I did want to address one issue as a number of readers expressed concern about Bloguin censoring me or the blog losing it's little guy feel.

Let me end that notion right now. The Bloguin people have assured me that I will be able to run the blog as I always have. They know what made this blog popular and that holding me back will only hurt them in the long run.

At the end of the day I could have continued the blog as is (which I had no problem with), but I'd always be behind the technology as I don't know how to create an App or a mobile version of the blog (which a lot of you complained about). I will now have those resources available to me to make TheNYRBlog experience that much better for my readers. A little extra cash doesn't hurt either.

Plus, I'll be able to setup my comments section so that they'll be no more anonymous posters!!!!

This was a real difficult decision for me as I love the blog and the community of readers it has attracted. The last thing I would ever want to do is ruin what we have here. Trust me I tried to find the negatives of moving and just couldn't come up with any. I promise you this will be an outstanding move not only for the blog but for it's dedicated readership as well.

If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

16 comments:

Jason G. said...

Kev-O Congrats. That is some exciting stuff. Keep this up and eventually you'll be taking over Brooks and Zipay.

Christopher Decker said...

congrats, Kev! I wish nothing but the best moving forward and you have my support.

Let's Go Rangesr!!

Christopher Decker said...

*Rangers

Evan S said...

I was hesitant, but I'll follow this blog where it goes. Here begins the next chapter of The New York Rangers Blog.

ry-man said...

you have a great blog kev and i will keep on supporting where ever you go with it. im hoping for puck daddy status with you one day lol.

Author said...

Good luck Kevin. I had looked into Bloguin about a year ago but was hesitant to move out of my comfort zone w/ Blogger.

Keep up the great work!

Rick said...

you'll do fine-no doubt. Good move

Dave said...

Nice one Kev, time to kick things to the next level! Lets hope the Rangers follow suit!

One thing i'd love to see is a comments section that remembers your logon credentials.

Kevin DeLury said...

I hear you PC. I did my due diligence. And while I will be leaving my comfort zone here, I think sometimes that's a good thing.

AnnoyingJoe said...

Sell-out!

just kidding, good luck.

s2404 said...

Congrats Kevin!

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Congrats!

I've never been a fan of Bloguin...I was turned off by some stuff I saw there...But maybe the biggest thing I can't get past is that little penguin logo! LOL!

I'm sure you'll do well, and as long as they don't hold you back, you will...And I'll still be a loyal reader! Good luck!

Bob R said...

just wondering what the hatred towards anonymous comments is all about.

Kevin DeLury said...

C'mon Beezer the Penguin is cute.

Bob R, the only reason I don't like anonymous posting is that if there is a whole bunch in one thread it makes it difficult to respond to comments.

LI Joe said...

i like daves comment about remembering logon credentials

if there is some game thread for both teams pls have it in some different area so your area doesn't get infested with trolls. if fans of both teams want to talk smack thats fine - i'll skip that part but if the trolls infest every comment thread the comment area gets ruined

Kevin DeLury said...

LIJoe, I'll make sure it doesn't happen.