Friday, October 22, 2010

TheNYRBlog Readers Venture Into Enemy Territory

Opening night seems like so long ago, but we are lucky enough to have reader M Budz share some of his pics and experiences venturing up to Buffalo to watch his beloved Blueshirts open the season against the Sabres...

The Buffalo roadtrip was a huge success...

As we mentioned, the 4 of us went to Anchor Bar to have some wings and beer. The place was cluttered with Sabres fans...some gave us a few cheap shots but others were cool.

Devoured wings and a few pitchers of Labatt as our hunger for a NYR win grew larger and larger by the minute.

Made a few more exchanges with Sabres fans outside before heading to the rink....we reached HSBC in classic fashion - fans letting us know it was a stupid idea to travel all this way only to see our first loss.

We reached our seats - last row, against the back wall, behind the goal. We were in a good spot.

During introductions, we thought cheering for Miller and "USA" would get us on the good side a bit, but no one bought it.

Quickly, we had a 2-0 lead into 1st Int....awesome. Had some reason to spit some hate. Into the 2nd it became 5-1......even better.

All the Miller, Myers & Pominville jerseys took a seat and sobbed in their girlfriends laps. By the middle of the 3rd, it was game over. 6-3 final for the good guys, NYR.

The after game was another story - had a great time around downtown Buffalo and got some praise for wearing our whites and blues out to the bars. We were in high spirits that night. A great win and night. Made it out with 2 points and alive from the Buffalo's grip.

And now at this point almost wish we could play every game in Buffalo this season cause we cant buy another win. Let's hope for better days.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

13 comments:

icycup said...

cool. well done, way to represent. great pic and it sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at The Penalty Box tomorrow before the game.... lets take it to em!

Kevin DeLury said...

Send me pics!!!!

Chris said...

lol... the penalty box. What a dive!

where are your seats, anon? Ill be in 306.

LI Joe said...

chris wear the shanny jersey. very classy guy

Unknown said...

I'm going to the Rangers in Philly in two weeks...but have been told I'll get beat down...and I'm a chick!

Chris said...

@LI Joe

I probably will... can never go wrong with Shanny.

icycup said...

watch your back hayley. they are the worst fans in the world.

mal said...

Hayley me too!
Girl- Check
Philly game- Check
Worried about a beat down- Check

atarnow said...

Next time, bring your army of Ranger fans to Pittsburgh!

Vincent said...

I went to the last game in philly last year didn't ware
My jersey I will next time it wasn't bad after we got to are seats

Kevin DeLury said...

I went to a Sunday afternoon game in Philly about 10 years ago and no one said anything. Actually some guy gave me and my buddy props for wearing our jerseys to the game.

I think a Saturday night game would have been a different story however.

IronClad said...

Did you sing the goal song after we scored? I was one of 3 or 4 Ranger fans in my section during game 1 of the Caps series in 09, and we sang the hell out of that song every time we scored.

Hayley- you're going behind enemy lines, our prayers are with you.