Friday, October 22, 2010

EC Sits; No Decision on Goaltender (Updated)

Update, 12:47 p.m.:
Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has this quote on Artem Anisimov's play last night...

"He continues to progress," said Tortorella. "With his aptitude, he learns very quickly. Artie was around it offensively and defensively, we put him on the ice at the end of the game, he did a good job on the faceoff going ahead."


Original Post:

Torts says Christensen not on ice as precaution for "maintenance"less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®


...probably a smart idea as groin injuries can be tricky.

Meanwhile Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports no decision has been made on who will start in goal Saturday night in Boston...

“I don’t know what the plan is for this weekend,” Lundqvist said. “I’ll be ready when they tell me to play. It’s his choice. It is a little different having Marty here. It’s a different situation. It changes a little bit. Obviously, I like to play but, at the same time, in the long run, it’s good.”

...i wouldn't be against Biron getting a second straight start. It's why the Rangers brought him in. If he can get on a roll why pull him out. A fresh Lundqvist can only be a good thing.

...i guess my only worry would be Hank's confidence if he struggles a bit and Torts decides to roll with a hot Biron.


Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I need to know who's playing!

If LQ isnt playing I'll have to wear my Shanny or Dubi jersey.

paul said...

I would be shocked if LQ was not in net for both games.

Ryan Taussig said...

So EC is sitting, huh? I know he's around until Drury returns, but you've gotta wonder what is in his future? Stepan is leading the team in points right now, and he's got the best shot percentage of anyone with 9 or more shots. There is no way he's not sticking. EC is going to have to really impress until Drury gets back if he's going to stick around.

Of course this is about an injury, but it did get my mind rolling.

LI Joe said...

and plenty of more injuries to happen so no sense wondering what will happen 5 or 6 weeks away