Thursday, September 9, 2010

Doesn't Make Sense for Johnson To Be With Rangers

Jesse Sepctor at the Blueshirts Blog caught up with starting Hartford goaltender Chad Johnson about the Rangers goaltending situation...

“I knew, even when I first came up, there was always talk that they wanted a veteran goaltender to back up,” Johnson said. “It made sense. Realistically, would it be better for me to be up here instead of Hartford, where I could play a lot of games? It doesn’t make sense. So I knew they were looking for somebody, and the whole year, there was always that situation. … Wherever you’re at, you’ve got to play your best. That’s all I can really worry about, and hopefully I can show well at Hartford, and one day be back up and help the team get some wins.”


...while Johnson showed flashes of brilliance last year another full year in Hartford will be great for his development and he should push Biron for the backup spot next year.


Spector also reports that
Mats Zuccarello Aasen was skating on a line with Vinny Prospal and Marian Gaborik at one point during today's scrimmage.

...wonder if that was the Rangers holding up their end of the bargain for when they told MZA if he signed with the Rangers he would get a chance to play on a line with Gaborik.


Remember to follow me on
Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: