Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thanks for Trading Me

Jeff Klein of Slap Shot has this quote from rookie Pavel Valentenko after last night's 5-1 preseason win over the Red Wings...

“I’m so happy to be here — I want to say thanks to Montreal Canadiens that they traded me to New York Rangers.”

...i'm sure he didn't mean it, but man that sounds like a shot at the Canadiens.

...and by the way, that Gomez trade gets better and better every day.


Valentenko's quote reminds me of this classic Eddie Murphy line from Coming to America...



Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

5 comments:

Chris said...

That HAS to be something lost in translation. Gave me a good chuckle, though.

kels said...

Oh my! From what I've heard the kid barely speaks English. I'm positive that's all it was.

And I always seem to forget that he came over in that deal too. And I thought McDonagh was the best part - we'll see.

Mikester said...

I'm loving what I've seen so far from this kid. Tough kid.

Also, Sauer, Kennedy, and Fedetanko are showing great things and Dubs, Cally and Avery seem poised for big years.

I know its only pre-season, but I'm starting to get pumped.

Mikester said...

And how could I forget, Stephan!

Man, my rose-colored glasses might be in need of fixing, but I really think the future loos damn good.

Mikester said...

sorry, meant Stepan