Monday, September 20, 2010

Gilroy Gets Serious

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report was able to speak with Matt Gilroy about what he learned last year and what's he's done to improve this season...

“I just worked on my confidence a little more, and definitely my work down low and closing people out, using my skating in the defensive zone. Offensively I can jump into plays, but I can also use it to my advantage (on defense). I put 10 pounds on and it didn’t effect my skating at all. It just made me stronger. I feel stronger. I feel quicker. So it all worked. It is practice games, and we won’t see until real games start, but I feel comfortable.”

Gilroy says he's also going to take a much more serious approach this season.

...Gilroy has been told by the Rangers that he has a clean slate this season (are they saying that to everyone?), but with McDonagh poised to make the team and numerous veteran invitees in camp Gilroy might find it hard to crack the opening night roster. Especially with his $1.75 million cap hit.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: