Thursday, September 30, 2010

Why No Anisimov on the Top Line?

John Tortorella explains to Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog why he hasn't tried Artem Anisimov between Marian Gaborik and Alex Frolov this preseason...

“I wanted to see Artie play with (Tim) Kennedy and (Ryan) Callahan tonight - I thought they were a really good line in Jersey,” Tortorella said. “I have to be careful, I think, with Artie and not skip a step here, and throw him in between them. Last year, I moved him up, and it just seemed to be a little bit too much for him. I think he’s playing with a ton of confidence right now and I don’t want to screw him up by giving him too much.”

...i'm with Torts here. While Anisimov has been solid so far in camp, I'm not so sure he is ready to center the top line right now. Maybe later in the season, but not right now.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: