Thursday, September 30, 2010

And The Winner Is....

I hope everyone is as excited as I am about the new banner. I absolutely love the Ranger jersey wording along with the jersey material background. And obviously the logo fits so perfectly.

The other aspect I enjoy so much is it's simplicity. Not too much flash or bells and whistles. It gets the job done, just like the blog.

And the genius who put this amazing banner together is Joe L.

Joe I'd just like to congratulate you and thank you for creating this for me. It really adds so much to the blog.

Let me know what you guys think.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

17 comments:

KD said...

It's fantastic! great work!

Anonymous said...

It looks good.Maybe I'm just a bit tired but I can't seem to find this one among the 20 that were submitted that everyone saw,which number was this one?

Ron B said...

absolutely amazing!!

Leggett84 said...

Very nice indeed! Also leaves scope for a road jersey version in the future :-P

wonderin said...

Perfect...

KCinMN said...

NICE!

Dave said...

Well done to all the contributors!

Unknown said...

love it. it's clean, looks great, and not too much unnecessary stuff goin on!

Kevin H. said...

Great choice -- looks good.

Henrik Lundqvist blog said...

This banner is really amazing in it's simplicity - it really does look like a jersey! The way the banner was done makes it look like this blog has an official jersey. Pretty cool.

Kevin DeLury said...

This banner was #9 (http://nyrangersblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/banner-contest-entry-9.html).

With some tweaks based on the comments left by the readers.

Glad that everyone likes it.

rusty said...

Good look. It gets your attention and isn't overly busy.

Mattias DM said...

A big improvement over the previous version that was posted. I like it! :)

I had been looking for a font like that when I made mine, where did you get it?

oh and... congratulations!

evantonio said...

where are the nipples? i was hoping for nipples...

Bob R said...

nice banner. It adds a nice touch to what is already the best sports blog around. I wish other NY sports teams had some blogs as good as this one.

Joey Ratz said...

Mattias, the font is based on "Superstar M54" which can be found at http://www.dafont.com/superstar-m54.font

Leggett, If Kevin wants to switch it up at some point that would be a great idea.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, this blog has been at the top of my 'favorites' list for the past year so it means alot to have my design picked.

Kevin DeLury said...

Congrats Joe. Amazing job!!!!