Thursday, September 16, 2010

Staal: I Wanted to Be Back Here

Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog was able to speak with Marc Staal today about the contract negotiations...

“I wanted to be back here,” Staal said. “There was an option for a three-year (deal) as well, but I get the security I wanted, and obviously five more years in New York. The next five years, I don’t have to worry about going through a negotiation or being in a contract year. I can concentrate on improving, being better, and being the best player that I can be, and see where it goes from there.”

Spector says the deal does not include a no-trade clause.

...despite what some people say this was a great deal for all involved and it sounds like Staal is real excited about locking up a long term deal with the Rangers.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

KCinMN said...

Great quotes. Plus he doesn't care about having a No-movement clause - why play for a team that wants to trade ya?

Gotta love the kid! Mr and Mrs Staal must be super proud parents.