Thursday, September 30, 2010

Redden Talks Demotion

Bruce Berlett at hartfordwolfpack.com was able to speak with Wade Redden yesterday about being waived by the Rangers and his expectations in Hartford...

“Looking at my time in New York, things didn’t go the way I wanted, so it was tough,” Redden said. “So I’ll come here, play the game and have some fun because I don’t think things were going to change in New York. When I sat down with Glen, he obviously said the same thing and wasn’t willing to go further with it, so I have to come here with a fresh slate.

"You always say a fresh slate every year, but I think it’s really a change in location is going to test me. I just have to come and play and have some fun. That’s when I play my best anyway, so I’ll try to do that.”

...Redden really didn't have much of an option but to report to Hartford. No way he was giving up his salary by not reporting and the recent birth of his daughter all but ruled out playing in Europe.

...listen we're all ecstatic he's not with the Rangers anymore, but on the human side of things you do hope things work out for the guy.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

9 comments:

wonderin said...

Absolutely, in every way.

Adam Brett said...

work out for the guy? id say collecting 6.5 mill for playing hockey regardless of the NHL or AHL is working out for him quite nicely, im sure he wouldnt mind playing roller hockey at chelsea piers for 6.5 million clams, cmon now

and one question for all you guys and im sorry if this was late, kevin maybe you can shine some light on this, but on so many hockey blogs ive read in the past, people have said redden had a cocaine problem, how come it was never once mentioned in any NY publications? it would definitely make sense as he has had an epic spiral down into hockey oblivion

Unknown said...

There were rumblings of some sort of "substance abuse" back when he was with Ottawa.

A few years ago his Wiki page had a sentence or two about this, but it has since been removed.

Unknown said...

Oh, and can we give a round of applause to Glen Savior for sending him down? EVERYONE said there was no way Sather and the Dolans would swallow this guy — and they did! Cheers to that.

John said...

By all accounts this guy is a nice guy so I hope he does have fun. Then again the guy who makes my deli sandwiches is a nice guy too, who also can't play hockey. So good riddance from the Rangers, good luck in life!

And Jack, yes congrats to Mr. Sather. His ability to convince the Dolan's to pay $6.5 million a year to an AHL player is only surpassed by his ability to convince them to let him keep his job year after year. I have never been more sure that he has pictures of Dolan dancing at the Blue Oyster!

chef dave said...

Not a bad guy. It's not personal, it's business.

ivaNYRicov said...

I feel for him. Hope things work out for him and he is happy.

bklyn rich said...

Didnt Probert Put Powder In His Gloves For A Quick Pick Me Up?
Do A Wikipedia On Him..What A Life The Arrests, Bar Room Fights In Some Backwoods Bar In Nova Scotia Great Stuff.(RIP)

LI Joe said...

jeez - i;m not even a redden fan but whats up with people making up drug stories. is your life that pathetic