Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stepan: We Don't Want to End Up With a Losing Record

Derek Stepan had this to say to Dan David at newyorkrangers.com about the Rangers prospects finishing strong at the Traverse Tournament after starting 1-2...

"You just want to win the hockey game first," said alternate captain Derek Stepan. "We don't want to end up with a losing record. We want to try to go home with a 'W' after tomorrow night."

...this kid has winner written all over him. Before I saw this quote I was the most excited to see McDonagh make the team, but after this I am rooting for Stepan to make the team big time.

Gordie Clark, Rangers Director of Player Personnel, continues the youth will get a chance drum beat with this quote...

"I think probably this year more than any year, Glen, on the management part, is really pushing the youth movement, and our head coach is also pushing the youth," said Clark. "I don't think they are going to have any problem, and if some kid here outplays somebody in that position, he's going to get it (a roster spot)."

...i know a lot of you don't believe what Clark is saying for a second, but I've bought in. I think we're all going to be surprised. I hope.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

LI Joe said...

disagree big time. stepan needs at least 1 full yr at ahl level. he should be a college junior for God sakes. and in college he played about half a pro schedule games wise and the level is way down from that.

hartford is 2 hrs away for anyone desperate to see him