Monday, August 30, 2010

Kennedy Looking Forward to the Challenge (Updated)

Update, 8:45 p.m.:
Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has more from Kennedy including this...

“From what I saw last year, (coach John Tortorella) likes guys who can skate and compete,” Kennedy added. “I think that’s what I can bring to the table and what I hope to bring to the team. They’re a fast-paced, up-tempo team. I thought it was a good fit for me.”

Original Post:
Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog was able to speak with newest Ranger Tim Kennedy who had this to say about joining the Blueshirts...

"It's nice, being form (sp) here, I always watched the Sabres and Rangers because we have the MSG channel," said the 24-year-old Kennedy. "It's a great place to play and a chance to be close to home and join a top-flight organization and that's what I'm looking for. ... (Dubinsky and Gilroy said) that it's a great place to play, an awesome experience being in front of 18000 people a night, and I'm looking forward to that challenge."

Kennedy played with Brandon Dubinsky and Matt Gilroy for Team USA at this summer's world championships in Germany.

...for the price, I guess you can't go wrong here. Unfortunately, the Rangers just made it that much harder for a home grown guy like Byers or Weise to make the team. Which I'm not all that excited about.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

icycup said...

midget.