Friday, August 13, 2010

Kreider: I'm Not Ready

In an outstanding feature by Julie Robenhymer at HockeyBuzz (yes HockeyBuzz) Rangers 2009 first round pick Chris Kreider talks everything from being drafted to playing in the World Championships.

Here is Kreider on where he is in his development as an NHL player...

"What I learned is that i'm not ready...at all and I was ready to go back to school and I was ready to get back in the gym and ready to just keep working, especially on my hands." he said. "If there was one thing that I figured out that I had, it was my skating ability and my size, but I still don't know how to use my size the best that I can and I could still definitely get faster and take off at the right times, but the skill side of it needs so much work it's not even funny. I couldn't tell you how much I learned from those guys and what I took away from that experience."

...with all the success Kreider has had so early in his career it is refreshing to see him so humble and dedicated to getting better.

...i highly recommend reading the entire article.

...h/t to reader Richter.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

Rick said...

good article and a good read from a kid who is wiser and alot more down to earth than 90% of kids his age. Makes you want to pull for the kid to do well at every level.