Friday, August 27, 2010

NHL Approves Kovalchuk to Devils (Updated)

Updated, 4:04 p.m.:
OK maybe it hasn't as Gulitti is now reporting that the NHL has NOT approved the contract.

...and here we go again. This will be the last post on the Kovalchuk signing until I see him in a Devils uniform taking a stupid penalty for tackling Avery after "The Grate One" insults his mother.

Original Post:
Tom Gulitti at Fire & Ice tweets...

OK. This is a little late because others are saying it's done too, but I did get second confirmation on league thumbs up.less than a minute ago via web


...looking forward to Avery chasing Kovalchuk around the ice six games this season.

...sorry to post Debbie news but I thought this signing merited a post.



Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that you say Avery chases him around, when it was Avery that got chased off of Brodeur and turtled as always. I've never seen him actually fight someone. I have seen him comment on purse styles though.

Scott James said...

If Avery is able to goad a star player into a penalty, fight or not, he's done his job. That's why he's the best agitator in the game.

I also think he's an underrated player. He shows sparks of offense (usually in big games) and his ability to hold the puck down low is great.

Can't wait for this season.

bklyn rich said...

When Are They Gonna Put A Game Microphone On This Guy?

Kevin DeLury said...

They'd have to give the game a XXX rating if they did that.

ry-man said...

i love the banner btw.

chef dave said...

I can't wait to see the fire sale this signing leads to.

AnnoyingJoe said...

chef dave 100%. I'm surprised they are going to tie up all of this cap space for a guy whos done nothing in the playoffs and lets pests get him off his game.