Monday, August 23, 2010

And The Winner of TheNYRBlog Guest Blogger Contest Is....

...Brett Crawford for his post Quit Staaling.

An absolutely great effort by Brett, who obvious did some outstanding research, made sound points and started a great discussion in the comments section.

For Brett's efforts he will be able to chose a t-shirt of his choice from Glass Bangers. (Brett I will e-mail you with details.)

I did also have to give out an honorable mention (sorry no prize) to K. Donnelly for his post Captain Gaborik and the 79 comments it brought in. I wasn't sure to be excited for the ridiculous amount of comments or pissed because it took a guest blog post to get that many.

As I've stated in previous posts, I want to thank everyone who submitted their thoughts and ideas for the contest. The amount of entries (24) exceeded my expectations 10-fold. I was hoping for five so I could at least have a week of posts and you guys came through as I ended up with five weeks worth.

Finally, I want to thank Glass Bangers for donating a t-shirt to the winner. If you haven't check them out I definitely recommend visiting their site. You won't regret it.

With the success of the contest you can be assured it will be back next summer. So start thinking of ideas now.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

12 comments:

Brett Crawford said...

Thanks Kevin, that's awesome!
Glad it got everyone thinking at least...

Kevin DeLury said...

Congrats man!!! I'll e-mail you later today.

K. Donnelly said...

Congrats Brett...and thanks for the shout out Kev!

AnnoyingJoe said...

Good choice. Great post that really put the Staal contract in perspective.

ivaNYRicov said...

Congrats Brett, and you Donnelly... both great posts.

Anonymous said...

when is the drawing for the jersey frame??

Kevin DeLury said...

Anonymous, I'll e-mail SFDisplay.com today to find out.

Anonymous said...

thanks

LI Joe said...

i;m glad the stasal post won. if i knew the other post re gabby as captain would have gotten sdo much notoriety based on number of comments i would have put mine in a different thread. i totally disagreed with his premise on changing captain - something a few other guest posts talked to also. so i don't see the quality in that guest post other than getting my blood boiling.

Kevin DeLury said...

LI Joe that was the other reason I gave it an honorable mention.

K. Donnelly said...

@LI Joe - Regardless if you disagreed with my opinion, my entry generated a huge conversation. 79 is a massive number of comments and probably a record for this blog.

I read this blog and sometimes only read Kevin's blue comments b/c it's usually the most interesting part. So if the comments portion of my post was the best part of it than I'm happy.

Anonymous said...

wow ....gay!