Sunday, August 15, 2010

21 Years Ago Rangers Hire Neilson

From @NHLDigestcom...

Aug. 15, 1989 - #NYRangers hired Roger Neilson as their new coach, replacing Phil Esposito. #NHLless than a minute ago via HootSuite

...the late Neilson had three and half years of great regular season success with the Rangers including a Presidents Trophy in 1991-92. Unfortunately he couldn't get the Blueshirts out of the second round of the playoffs and was fired during the 1992-93 season. And we all know how that worked out the next season.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

Hutch Gibbs said...

21 years ago, Today I got my first bloody nose from a plastic hockey puck.

11 months old I threw the Puck at a wall and it came back and hit me.

Only reason I know this? my parents have it filmed onto an old Bata Cassette.

Doesn't Esposito own a team now? or is it another Esposito? I'm petty sure it's the Same Esposito.

ry-man said...

he was part of the original ownership of the lightning i think.