Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lundqvist: It's Going to Take A Few Weeks to Get Ready (Updated)

Update, 4:45 p.m.:
Dan Rosen at NHL.com was also able to catch up with Lundqvist today and the Rangers netminder spoke with him about the importance of the Martin Biron signing...

"When I'm not playing, we have a great goalie to step in and it's going to push me to play even better because if I'm not playing well enough he will take my job," Lundqvist said.

...i almost fell off my chair when I read that. I don't care how bad Lundqvist plays, no way Biron is taking his job.

Original Post:
Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog spoke with Henrik Lundqvist about already being in mid-season form after just two informal practices...

"The way things ended last year, after a few weeks, you just wanted to get back and come back as a winner," Lundqvist said. "I'm getting there. It's going to take a few weeks to get ready."

...the one thing I'm always the most impressed about with Lundqvist is his will to win. I don't think there's another player on the Rangers that wants to win as much as Lundqvist. And that's not a shot at the other players (well maybe at Redden) but he seems to take every loss so hard.

Spector also has quotes from Ryan Callahan and Matt Gilroy.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

chris said...

lundqvist deserved so much better than what his teammates did for him last year especially that 46 save masterpiece in philly

Rick said...

Agree- Henrik has no worries of losing his job to Biron and of course he would not throw Biron under the bus with a negative comment anyway. Besides it was not Birons fault that he had a rough time in the NYI net, with that D and a team lacking in defensive play,anyone would have a tough time.
It will be interesting to see how well he can play.