Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Biron Working to Get Better this Offseason

In an interview with newyorkrangers.com, Martin Biron talks about how he plans on bouncing back from a tough year with the Islanders...

"I started working out very early this summer when I came back from Long Island," said Biron. "I took a couple of weeks off, but I have been working out since then. I have been trying to do a lot more cardio, which is a big part of training camp and testing and all of that. I just feel like over the last year or two, I think that it was maybe a weak point. I've been trying to work a lot on that and continuing to do this and hoping that."

On why he struggled with the Islanders...

"I was in a situation with the Islanders where there was the possibility of going with three goalies all season," said Biron. "There was also a lot of upside to signing there last year, but unfortunately for me and for everybody else, it didn't work out the way that I was hoping to with that team. It was an experiment that didn't work out for me or the Islanders, but that's OK."

...if Biron can come in and perform at a high level to give Lundqvist some much needed rest he could be the most important signing of the offseason. Financially and personnel-wise.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

10 comments:

Scotty Hockey said...

That he struggled in that situation with the Isles showed that he wasn't mentally prepared for the season, it had nothing to do with conditioning. Our best hope has to be that being with his buddy Beniot will get his head screwed on tight so he isn't a total disaster...

Kevin DeLury said...

Scotty, Biron also mentions Beniot in the article so yes hopefully working with him again will help as well.

dog eat chow world said...

Yes. Hopefully Biron is not as awful as he was last year. And, if he is, hopefully Chad Johnson can be a viable backup.

Andrewfromsherb said...

love this signing!!!! and for 800k !!! comon how come we aren't giving Glenny props!!!

Andrewfromsherb said...

by the way gues is BENOIT...it's french lol..Ill be here all day to correct any mispellings, ounctuation and or sentence structure...lol

Andrewfromsherb said...

lol that GUYS and PUNCTUATION not gues and ONCTUATION..lol ...oh snap

Christopher Decker said...

I honestly think this was one of the best signings in the off-season - both from a talent perspective and a fiscal perspective.

Richter> said...

The Hockey News' take on the Rangers fantasy wise: http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/34731-Fantasy-Pool-Look-Rangers-Senators-Flyers-offseason-report.html

ry-man said...

wow thanks marty that makes me feel soooo much better.

Rick said...

Still trying to understand how a goalie that couldn't hold down the fort in Philly or NYI has suddenly found his game and it only costs 800K. I always thought you get what you pay for.