Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weise's Goal is to Make the Rangers

In an interview with Bob Crawford at the Hartford Wolfpack website, Rangers prospect Dale Weise talks about what he is focusing on for next season...

"First and foremost in my mind is to come into New York and make the team. That’s really the only goal I have right now. I’m not really looking too far ahead at anything else except making the team. I think I put my time in the American League in and hopefully developed the way they wanted, and I think I’m ready to earn a spot."

Weise then adds this on possibly filling the Rangers power forward need...

"...with the right opportunity and playing with the right guys, I think I can strive and be a power forward in that league."

...love the confidence from the kid. Zipay has said Weise will probably get a strong look in September, so keep an eye on him because if the Rangers don't make a big free agent splash he could find his way onto the opening night roster.

...h/t to Scotty Hockey for the link.

3 comments:

Ace said...

I got to attend a hartford vs bridgeport game this past season and he was the only player on the team that really stood out to me. He was that guy whose presence on the ice was always noticed in a good way.

Kevin DeLury said...

Thanks for that report Ace. I'm excited to see the kid in preseason.

icycup said...

6 foot 2, 209. not bad. .68ppg in 73 games. 114 pim.