Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rangers Let Lebron Choose First Round Pick McIlrath

Steve Stirling at Intent to Blow gives a satirical look at the Rangers allowing Lebron James to make their 2010 first round pick in an attempt to lure him to the Knicks...

“I would venture to say this is a slam dunk,” said Rangers General Manager Glen Sather. “This is just the latest in a series of shrewd decisions made by Mr. Dolan that have kept Rangers hockey and Knicks basketball at their pinnacle for the last decade.”

The Rangers chose Dylan McIlrath with their first pick, a move that angered many fans because highly touted prospect Cam Fowler remained available. James later said he made the selection because McIlrath’s name “made me giggle.”

...very funny stuff from Stirling. The sad thing is you would have thought LeBron had been making the Rangers free agent decisions the last 10 years they've been so bad.

This is the line of the story...

He (Sather) added “Now if you will excuse me, I’m going to go throw hundred dollar bills at Ilya Kovalchuk’s face until he signs a contract with us. Because if I’ve learned one thing, it’s that players who come here from the Devils always work out like gangbusters.”

...i had to laugh to keep from crying this is so true.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

3 comments:

LTP said...

sorry but I found that to be totally retarded & perhaps 1 of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Rick said...

Well its easy to say the Sterling has no clue on what has transpired in the last three years.

Kevin DeLury said...

I don't know I thought it was kind of funny.