Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rangers vs. Kings Preview


Tonight the New York Rangers (27-22-6) host the Los Angeles Kings (21-30-3). Sean Avery will face his former team for the first time exactly one year to the day that the Rangers acquired him from the Kings as part of a five-player deal. The Rangers have gone 7-3-1 in their last 11 games to move within three points of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and New Jersey for the lead in the Atlantic. The Kings own the NHL's worst record, but have been a much-improved team lately. They are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games overall, and 5-2-1 in their last eight on the road. This is the Kings' first visit to Madison Square Garden since a 6-2 victory on Oct. 25, 2002. For a full preview go to Yahoo! Sports.

...like I said after the Montreal victory, tonight has letdown game written all over it. I think I'll be more impressed if the Rangers come out of this game with a victory then I have been with any of their recent wins.

...Dan Byers has been called up from Hartford and will skate on the fourth line with Betts and Orr.

...according to Sam Weinman at The Rangers Report, Brendan Shanahan did not skate this morning, so look to see Callahan back in the lineup tonight.

...I'm actually working the big Super Tuesday Primary today so I won't have any updates before the game. I'll have a recap tonight.

No comments: