Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dubinsky to Stand Up for Jagr

In his story for The Daily News today, John Dellapina reports on how Brandon Dubinsky is not going to stand for Jaromir Jagr being roughed up in Montreal...

Helpless to do much about it since he and Jaromir Jagr weren't playing on the same line at the time, Brandon Dubinsky seethed from the bench as he watched Montreal defenseman Mike Komisarek spend shift after shift pounding on the Rangers' captain on Feb.3 .

Tuesday, Dubinsky will get the opportunity to give a physical vent to his frustration. Don't be surprised if left wing Sean Avery also makes it his mission to get in hard on the forecheck against the Canadiens' West Islip product.

"I'm definitely going to be physical on him - I'm not going to let him off the hook ever," Dubinsky said of Komisarek. "I can't say if anything's going to happen. But he's definitely going to be hearing it from me if he's taking any liberties or cheap shots. That's for sure.

"As far as Jags goes, hockey's a physical game. Guys are going to get hit. He's going to get hit, too. But I'll be in there on the forecheck. I'll be in there if I need to be if anything happens."

...I wonder if Larry Brooks wants rethink his comments on the Rangers need for Bobby Holik after seeing those comments from Dubinsky. Man I love this kid.

No comments: