Thursday, February 7, 2008

Betts & Hollweg In, Shanahan Out

Sam Weinman at The Rangers Report, states that Blair Betts and Ryan Hollweg will be in the lineup tonight, while Brendan Shanahan will likely miss the next three games...

- ...there was a healthy Betts on the ice and preparing to play tonight against the reigning Cup champions.

“I felt pretty good,” said Betts, who scored the best goal of his NHL career last season in Anaheim. “I think everything will be all right.”

- Brendan Shanahan, meanwhile, is unlikely for any of these next three games, although he is skating on his own as I write.

- Ryan Hollweg is back in the lineup after serving his suspension and having a talk with Tom Renney.

“It’s nice to have their support, but at the same time, I have to be smart,” Hollweg said.

...I guess I was wrong assuming that Betts wouldn't be in the lineup tonight. With Betts and Hollweg back Renney's favorite line will be back in tact.

...I'm glad to see the Rangers are giving Shanahan some extra time to rest. With five days off next week, Shanahan will have a full two weeks rest which should serve him well down the stretch.

1 comment:

bpette02 said...

I was hoping Hollweg's suspension would've been longer. By the way what about Renney sitting him for a couple games since he took a selfish penalty that cost his team 5minutes.