Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rangers, Lundqvist Close to Finalizing Contract

According to John Dellapina of The Daily News the Rangers are close to finalizing a new, long-term contract for Henrik Lundqvist...

"Close to finalizing a new, long-term contract for Lundqvist, agent Don Meehan will resume his negotiations with GM Glen Sather today. 'They're getting close,' a smiling Lundqvist said. Reached last night, Meehan said: 'I just got back from Europe and I'm going to talk to Glen (today). He's my first call in the morning. I feel positive about the tone of the discussions, but we've got work to do.'"

...we've been hearing for weeks that they've been close to finalizing a contract. C'mon guys let's get this done so Lundqvist can move on. Although, with the improved play of Lunqvist lately, I've got to assume that he knows this will be over soon.

No comments: