Monday, February 18, 2008

Ranger Trade Rumors Gone Wild HockeyBuzz Style

Eklund over at HockeyBuzz has the following rumors on the Rangers...

"Sources are telling me that Mats Sundin will likely play out by Wednesday or Thursday. Anaheim, San Jose, Calgary, Vancouver, Detroit and NY Rangers are in the mix.

Rob Blake is now saying, according to TSN, that he will not waive his NTC. I believe this could be part of a negotiation. I talked to one source who felt as of a few days ago that they were in the running for Blake. I still am hearing San Jose and Anaheim...I heard a major offer from NY was turned down.

Speaking of the Rangers, my current pick to win the East, they are going to be extremely active and switch up some of the roster (just when the chemistry looks to be catching up.)"

...not even sure where to start. The Rangers don't need Sundin they have enough centers and I would love to hear from Eklund what this major offer for Blake was.

...the last and most absurd is that the Rangers are going to be extremely active and switch up some of the roster. If this is true, terrible job by Sather. I'm fine with trying to bring in a d-man, but if Sather is thinking about a major shakeup, especially after this weekend, I'm going to be very upset. I'd rather they do nothing then make a number of big moves. Please, don't do it Glen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eklund is never reliable.