Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Three Years Ago Today...

...The New York Rangers Blog was born. At 8:34 p.m. on Friday, November 2, 2007, I decided that Ranger fans needed a blog that matched their passion and enthusiasm. And this is what I came up with.

A blog that finds every piece of news regarding the Rangers and puts it in one place so Blueshirt fans don't have to search high and low on the web for the latest on their beloved team.

The first year was real slow as the numbers were microscopic. But that never mattered to me. I enjoyed interacting with the few regulars I had, so I pressed on.

What I never expected was how popular this thing would eventually become. The numbers (95,000+ hits and 135,000+ page views last month) are staggering and the connections I've made with so many of you is something I truly cherish. I still can't believe the overwhelming amount of get well messages I received about my daughter.

And now a new chapter, as I will be moving the blog over to Bloguin in the very near future and amazingly making some money doing something I love.

So on this three year anniversary, I just want to thank everyone who visits the blog, leaves comments, lurks, tweets, Facebooks or e-mails me. It is all so ridiculously appreciated and you have no idea how much it means to me.

Oh yeah, one last thing: Let's Go Rangers!!!!

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

16 comments:

Chris said...

LETS. GO. KE-VIN!
*calp* *clap* *clapclapclap*

Shurshik14 said...

Congrats dude! Great blog. Always a good read. Especially after a win or in the off season, when we're information starved lol

John said...

You wouldn't have a 3-year blog if it wasn't good! Excellent job and keep up the outstanding work!!

Unknown said...

Rock 'n Roll!

Coleen said...

I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago but wish I would have known about it three years ago! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Anniversary!

Dave said...

Well done Kev.

Dan W said...

A long time ago i narrowed my like 10 Rangers blogs down to 2 that i read daily. This is one and the other is blue notes which i have to be at home to read. Didnt pick this for no reason. Awesome stuff keep it comin

Author said...

Great job Kevin! You've built a solid site

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, NYRBlog!!!
Thanks for everything you do on a day-to-day basis, Kevin!

Kevin Kelleher said...

Happy Anniversary from the "other" Kevin!

Unknown said...

Kevin,
Not a day goes by where I don't check in on your blog! It's always informative and fun. And your love of hockey is obvious to us all!
Congrats to you.

Unknown said...

Kevin,

Not a day passes with out a visit to your blog. Not only is it informative and fun, but your love of the game shines through every post.
Congrats!

Unknown said...

found this blog the summer the rangers signed Drury and Gomez and have literally stopped here atleast once a day since then. Love the blog and I really believe that this blog has made me an even bigger Rangers fan then I was before I found it. Keep up the great work Kevin! Lets Go Rangers!

LI Joe said...

happy anniversary kev and many many more - hope you cover a cup winner or three

Andrea said...

We appreciate all your hard work, keeping us informed AND entertained. Best of luck as you make the change!