Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rangers Talk Loss to Blues (Updated)

Updated, 10:43 p.m.:
Torts post game presser...



Original Post:
Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has quotes from John Tortorella and Alex Frolov on ref Bill McCreary calling the fantom high stick and then possession...

Torts...

“They told me it was high-sticking,” coach John Tortorella said. “It wasn’t high-sticking. It’s a tough call for the ref because I can sit there and watch the tape. I think (Nikitin) misses it when it’s up in the air. I think he hits it here (Tortorella held his hands at waist level). But it’s a bang-bang call by Billy (referee Bill McCreary) there. That’s not why we lost. When Artie (Anisimov)‘s line isn’t going, there has to be something else that kicks in and we didn’t get it done.”

Frolov...

“I asked him (McCreary) and he said it was a high stick,” Frolov said. “He said the guy touched but I don’t think the guy did. The D-man tried to hit it and the ref was waiting for him to touch it and call a high stick."

Torts on the equally bad roughing call on Fedotenko...

“If that’s roughing, I don’t know what we’re playing here, I really don’t know. I don’t know what the hell we’re playing,” Tortorella said. “He didn’t know it was icing. I think they have to have a feel of that if he doesn’t know it’s icing. Feds isn’t a guy that’s going to be running people over in that situation. He didn’t know it was icing and he rubbed the guy. But the explanation is you can’t have any contact.”

While Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has this quote from Ryan Callahan on the power play...

"Their PK outworked our PP," said Ryan Callahan. "We had a couple chances, but not enough. We knew coming in that they were going to be aggressive on their penalty kill and unfortunately, we didn't match their intensity."

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: