Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rangers Goal Song Ranked #3 Goal Celebration

Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy ranks the top 15 goal celebrations in the NHL and the Rangers land at #3...

3. Rangers - (Listen Here) Written by MSG organist Ray Castoldi, "Slapshot" is the unmistakable goal song for the Rangers that follows a bellowing goal horn. It starts with a siren, includes plenty of "heys" for the fans and a chorus of "Let's Go Rangers." As in-house, tailor-made versions of stadium anthems go, it's a keeper...

...i have to say I don't think there is anything more devastating than going to a Rangers game at MSG and the Blueshirts being shutout. If for no other reason than not being able to sing the goal song.

...hat tip to reader @CaptainBanana.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

IronClad said...

Its equally fun to sing on the road (See game 1 of the Caps series two years ago).

Chris said...

I have it as the ringtone on my phone, so I get to hear it all the time. :)

Mikester said...

Me too Chris! I purposely dont answer my cell right away so it will get to the first "lets go rangers" part.

Chris P said...

how isnt it #1 by far the best song <33