"It appears the governors are considering two options. One, go back to the pre-lockout format. It is as follows:
- six games vs. each of four divisional opponents (24)
- four games vs. each of 10 conference opponents (40)
- one game vs. each of 15 out-of-conference opponents (15)
- three "wild-card" games vs. select out-of-conference opponents (3)
Here's another option that addresses those concerns to some degree:
- five games vs. each of four divisional opponents (20)
- three games vs. each of 10 conference opponents (30)
- two "wild-card" games (2)
- two games vs. each of 15 out of conference opponents (30)"
...it is about time they address this disasterous post lockout scheduling Bettman has come up with. How Bettman could think that not having the New York Rangers or Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin visit every arena is a good idea is beyond me. As a season ticket holder, it is disappointing to know that I won't get the chance to see teams like the Red Wings, Avalanche and Wild play at the Garden this year.