Sunday, November 18, 2007

You've Got Questions, I've got Answers

On Thursday, faithful blog readers fleisch and jim asked what are the Rangers going to do when Callahan and Straka come back?

...that's a great great question guys and I don't think anyone knows the answer to that but Tom Renney, but I'll give it a whirl.

..to me the easy one is to put Straka back on the 1st line with Jagr and Dubinsky. Straka and Jagr have great chemistry and Hossa is just not doing anything offensively. I know he's great in the corners but his offensive output is just not acceptable when you're on a line with Jagr. This pretty much puts Hossa splitting time on the 4th line and the press box depending on the opponent.

...now comes the hard part with Callahan. My thought would be to initially put Callahan on the third line with Drury and Dawes and drop Prucha to the 4th line with Betts and Orr. If Callahan struggles Renney could switch Prucha and Callahan. I think Orr needs to be in the lineup due to his toughness, especially against teams like Philly, Islanders and Capitals.

...so I think the bench warmers are going to be Hollweg and Hossa. Below are my line combos:

straka-dubinsky-jagr
shanahan-gomez-avery
dawes-drury-callahan
orr-betts-prucha

No comments: