Wednesday, November 7, 2007

GOP Not the Only Ones Losing in Nassau County Last Night


Sorry again to my faithful readership for not having game day and post game reports on the Ranger/Islander game. I was busy doing my civic duty working the polls yesterday, where the Nassau Democrats held off the Republicans to maintain their 10-9 majority...wait a minute what I'm I doing this is a Ranger blog.

Anyway, most of you are probably happy I didn't have anything on the game as the Rangers blew a 2-1 third period lead to fall to the hated Islanders 3-2 putting their record at 7-7-1 on the year and remaining winless on the road this season (0-5-1). For a unhappy recap go to Yahoo! Sports.

Some observations (even thougth I didn't watch a second of the game):

...is this team ever going to break out? I know its only 15 games into the season but I'm getting very frustrated with the lack of goals. In 15 games this year the Rangers have scored 27 goals!!! 27!!! That is less than 2 goals a games!!! (I'm like Elaine with all these exclamation points) And I don't just blame it on the Rangers goal scorers because they seem to have at least 30 shots on goal every night. It seems that every game the opponents goalie plays like the second coming of Patrick Roy.

...what we need is puck moving defenseman. This goes back to the off season moves by Sather. The Rangers would be much better off if they would have resigned Nylander, signed Drury and then went after a nice offensive d-man, maybe a Brian Rafalski, who is playing awesome right now for the Red Wings (2g, 10 assists, +4).

...I hope it won't happen because I'm going to the game on Thursday, but I think Lundqvist should sit against the Penguins. I think the offense would step it up knowing they'll need goals with Valiquette between the pipes.

No comments: