Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Grachev Wants to Join Russian Greats

Mike G. Morreale at NHL.com has a feature on Ranger prospect Evgeni Grachev wanting to be just like the other great Russian players in the NHL...

"Everybody who plays hockey wants to be the best and not everybody can be, but we all try real hard and I want to be like those Russian players in the League," Grachev told NHL.com. "Those guys are some of the best players in the League and the world."

On possibly making the Rangers team out of camp...

"I'm trying to not think about it," Grachev said. "I just want to get ready and work hard in camp and we'll see what happens. When I got here, I saw the guys and how the organization worked. I want this to be a part of my life."

...love the ambition. Also if you read the entire piece he seems very humble as well.

...he's looked very good at Traverse, so it may be only a matter of time until he's skating in front of the Garden Faithful at MSG.

No comments: