Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dubinsky Signs!!!!

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports that the Rangers have re-signed Brandon Dubinsky to a two-year $3.7 million contract.

Dubinsky's contract will pay him $1.7 million this season and $2.0 million next season.

For the official announcement click here.

On re-signing...

"I just kind of said it was something I wanted to get done, I was tired of waiting, I didn't want to push this thing further," Dubinsky said. "I didn't want the team to be at their wit's end and I didn't want to be at wit's end myself. Wednesday was when I said it's time to get it done, let's push for this thing to be done. Thankfully, we were able to accomplish that goal."

...officially excited for the season.

...Sather would never admit this but you have to assume the Rangers were trying to get Kessel and once they didn't land him they had to sign Dubinsky. It just seems a bit curious that they signed him the day after Kessel was traded to the Maple Leafs.

2 comments:

fleisch said...

I would agree 100% based on timing and the money and years given.... but given Dubi's quote it may lead you to belive he was asking for too much money or years or maybe both....

All that being said I sure it was still sathers fault!!!

Unknown said...

I'm surprised the brass gave him that much. Congrats to Dubi. His holdout was well worth it for him. $1.7 mill this season?! That's about a million more than what they first offered him!

He better start earning that big time. We should fully expect more than 14 goals/40 points this year! Torts is gonna be up his ass if he doesn't prove to be a top 2 center.