Monday, September 28, 2009

Capitals 4, Rangers 3

I missed the game yesterday, so no game write-up but here are some post-game quotes. For a recap and box score go to newyorkrangers.com...

Tortorella:

“There were turnovers and we had no battles,” Tortorella said. “Everybody was bad, it wasn’t like one of the young kids struggled, it starts with our veteran guys. I think they thought it was a 7 o’clock start. Those were the worst two periods of the exhibition (season). I don’t think we competed. Maybe it was the 12 o’clock start. We skated them hard the last couple days, maybe that had something to do with it. I’m not holding any grudges. I’m glad they answered (with three goals) in the third period. But now this is done. We’ll use the tape of the first two periods as a teaching tool.”

...afternoon games was a problem with this team last year also.

Prospal:

“If we played like that for the first two, it might have been a different outcome,” said Vinny Prospal, who played left wing with Brandon Dubinsky at center and Marian Gaborik on the right. “We didn’t support our goalie and didn’t have enough shots. Then we got our (butts) kicked between periods.”

Tortorella on Girardi:

"He's got some work to do there," Tortorella said. "We've had running discussions going through training camp, him and I and the coaches. He's got some work to do. It's a pretty big week for him. But, to say the least, I'm disappointed with his camp."

...this is the first critism I've heard of Girardi since he was called up three years ago.

On his game Grachev said:

"The first period for me was the worst period for me, ever," the 19-year-old Grachev said. "I didn't think I'd get more ice time. I was way too bad in the first."

Post-game analysis and preseason wrap from John Giannone and Joe Micheletti:







No comments: