Monday, September 21, 2009

Voros Fights for Position, Gaborik Displays Talent & Avery Has Sprained Knee

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has numerous post game quotes here and here...

John Tortorella on Voros...

“We have a log jam in some areas and he is a part of that…I am not sure where it is going to settle, but he has certainly played to a level where he is fighting for a position on this club. I am not sure where it falls but I certainly give him a lot of credit.”

Marian Gaborik on his first game...

“First shift I got leveled by (Johan) Franzen,” Gaborik said afterward. “I haven’t got any games under my belt, so everything was flying around. I think it woke me up a little bit. As the game went on, I got used to things. I haven’t played at all, so…I think it went pretty good. It’s going to take some time.”

Tortorella on Gaborik...

“I thought he did some good things,” said Tortorella. “Obviously you can see his talent. He did some good things in our own zone, he did some lousy things in our own zone. I think he’s gonna add a dimension to our team that you need in winning and that’s his creativity and just the dynamic player he is. I’m sure it was hard for him; he wants to be healthy and I thought he gave us some good minutes.”

Zipay also reports on Sean Avery's injury by noting he has a sprained knee and will be out for at least a few days.

No comments: