Thursday, September 17, 2009

Zherdev Talks Media Lies

Dmitry Chesnokov at Puck Daddy has an interview with Nikolai Zherdev on him signing with Atlant of the KHL and the report that he asked to come back to the Rangers after they rejected the arbitration offer...

"These were all lies printed in the media. This is how it was. The Rangers made me a qualifying offer. It didn't satisfy me. My agent and I filed for arbitration and were awarded $3.9 million a year. The New York Rangers walked away, deciding to make me a free agent. I didn't get upset. It was their right. That's all. I did not have any other negotiations with the club."

...media lie? Never.

...seriously though, I'm actually shocked an NHL team didn't take a flier on Zherdev. The guy's got immense talent and in the right situation could flourish.

No comments: