Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dubinsky: I'm Not Dangerous

In a piece for NHL.com, Dan Rosen has this quote from Brandon Dubinsky on increasing his production...

"I can have the puck and great control of it and I can look up to make a play, but I'm not dangerous," he said. "I want to get the puck and be dangerous and that means going to the areas of high traffic and making sure you play more of a gritty game to get the scoring opportunities. That's something I'm definitely going to focus on."

Rosen also has a quote from Tortorella on what he expects from Dubinsky...

"A scorer?" Tortorella asked rhetorically on Tuesday. "I think that's why they held out for that contract, didn't they? I hope so. I'm serious. We're not paying him ($1.8 million) to check. I'm not trying to run him down, but when it comes to that there are expectations and there are responsibilities that come into play now."

...i love it Torts. You got your money kid, now prove you deserve it.

Rosen also has a story on Marian Gaborik which includes this quote from Tortorella on what the high octane winger brings to the table...

"I don't look at him as just a scorer or a guy that can skate," Tortorella said. "He can beat people one-on-one. He can give-and-go and move a puck into small areas. He's a skilled guy and a dynamic guy. Through watching him play and watching him up close in person in camp, he's the complete thing."

...despite a -2 rating, I really liked what I saw from Gaborik Monday night. He is going to attract so much attention, ala Jagr, that it will open up the ice for players like Dubinsky, Kotalik and Callahan.

No comments: