Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gilroy Learned from Watching Green

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants notes that while at college Matt Gilroy enjoyed watching his one of his favorite players Capitals defenseman Mike Green...

"I learned a lot from watching a guy like that with how patient he is," Gilroy said. "He finds his space and he takes full advantage of it. I definitely love the way he plays, he likes jumping in as much as I do, though I think I'm faster."

...there's not a better offensive defensive to watch in the league, so hopefully Gilroy was able to pick up some nice pointers.

On assuming he's made the team as a top six defenseman...

"No one's said anything," Gilroy said. "I'm not thinking anything until I'm told."

...don't worry Matt, not only are you a top six defensemen, in my mind you're in the top three ahead of The Albatross Twins.

No comments: