Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting to Know Micheletti

Mark Malinowski at The Hockey News interviews Rangers TV analyst Joe Micheletti on subjects including first hockey moment, greatest sports moment and embarrasing hockey memory...

Greatest Sports Moment: "That's a difficult question, because I was fortunate to be in a lot of good situations. I guess, early on, winning the state hockey championship in Minnesota, which is somewhat equivalent to winning the high school basketball championship in Indiana. It was that important and prestigious. That was in my senior year in high school. Then it was right after that Herb Brooks recruited me to go to the University of Minnesota. My first year we won the national championship under Herbie. Then we won another a couple of years later. And runner-up in another. There were a lot of great moments, but more team moments than anything, which is what this game is all about."

...i see a lot of Ranger fans out in cyber space who hate on Micheletti, not sure if it's his Islander connection, however, I think he does a great job. He's no JD, but he knows his hockey and isn't afraid to show some emotion which I like.

No comments: