Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kreider Tops Hot List

Ryan Kennedy at The Hockey News takes a look at players he can’t wait to see in the NHL some day. And at the top of the list is Rangers first round pick Chris Kreider...

1. Chris Kreider, C – Phillips-Andover Big Blue (Mass. prep): Every year there seems to be at least one mystery prospect who goes in the first round of the NHL draft and the hook is usually skating. Kreider, coming out of the Massachusetts prep ranks, was this year’s candidate and not only can the kid fly, but he works on it, too.

On his own strength's Kreider says...

“I think I’m a good skater,” he said. “I’m good at even strength and effective on special teams. I think I’m coachable and I work hard.”

...this is the second week in a row that Kennedy put a Ranger prospect at the top of the "Hot List." Last week C Ethan Werek of the OHL's Kingston Frontenacs topped the list.

No comments: