Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lundqvist Named 10th Best Player in NHL

In AOL Fanhouse's Top 50 players in the NHL, Adam Gretz names Henrik Lundqvist #10...

"Lundqvist has been a workhorse for the blue shirts the past three years, playing over 70 games each season, finishing in the top six for games played among goalies each year. He's never had a save percentage lower than .912, and his career mark of .917 is second among active goaltenders, trailing only Vancouver's Roberto Luongo. What makes all of that even more impressive is that he faces some of the most challenging shots in the NHL. According to the expected save percentage (via Behind the Net), Lundqvist has faced the hardest shots in the NHL over the past two seasons, and has still managed to help carry the Rangers, sometimes single-handedly, into the postseason."

Marian Gaborik is ranked #33. For the entire list, click here.

...while I still stand by my statement that Lundqvist needs to take his game to the next level this year, I don't even want to think about where the Rangers would have been the last four years without him. Oh yeah, that would be out of the playoffs.

...fyi, Lundqvist is ranked one spot ahead of Martin Brodeur.

4 comments:

tyler13 said...

Hi I really like henrick a lot. He has worked his but off in the years he has been with the new York rangers!! I really would like to meet him someday if I get a chance to in my lifetime!! I really think He is going to do good for our team this year. I think last year he got overwellmed with the team and that's why he did not do as good as he is going to do this year!! I have faith in you henrick this year!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your biggest fan ever Tyler from long island Sent from itouch

Unknown said...

Hell yeah he's 10th best. I love hearing news outlets outside of NYC sweating our goalie.

tyler13 said...

Damn right he is!! Thanks!! Did you make this site??? Tyler. Itouch

Anonymous said...

To Tyler13, I've met Henrik three times now outside the Garden and he is such a nice guy.