The New York Rangers (10th, 31-32-9 - 71 pts.) host the New York Islanders (14th, 29-33-10 68pts.) tonight at MSG starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
Rangers Game Notes
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPNRadio (1050AM)
Probable Lines (No word on Callahan so I'm saying he's out):
Henrik Lundqvist - 28-26-8, 2.46 gaa, .918 sv%, 2 so.
Dwayne Roloson - 22-16-6, 2.85 gaa, .910 sv %, 1 so
- The Islanders have lost 10 of their last 11 road games.
- John Tavares has three goals and four assists in the last three games.
- Matt Moulson leads the Islanders with 26 goals.
- Trent Hunter has no goals in 16 games since Jan. 19.
- Jeff Tambellini, a healthy scratch in more than half of the Islanders' 72 games, also hasn't scored in 16 appearances since Nov. 23.
- Rick DiPietro was placed on the injured list March 2 and is out indefinitely after experiencing swelling in his surgically repaired left knee. (How many more years left on that contract?)
- Former Ranger Doug Weight underwent season-ending surgery March 18 to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff in his left shoulder.
Oct. 28 Rangers 1, Islanders 3 at Uniondale
Dec. 16 Rangers 1, Islanders 2 at MSG
Dec. 17 Rangers 5, Islanders 2 at Uniondale
Dec. 26 Rangers 2, Islanders 3 (OT) at MSG