Monday, March 15, 2010

Lundqvist to Carry the Workload

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports that John Tortorella expects Henrik Lundqvist to carry the load the rest of the season...

“Henrik’s going to play, I’m not looking too far ahead,” coach John Tortorella said. “I think we’ve been really good as far as the rest with the hockey club and rest with Hank. He didn’t play a whole bunch in the Olympics. Selfishly for the New York Rangers, that was a good thing. He’s going to play the majority. Is he going to play all? I don’t know."

...while Auld is a sufficient back-up, I'd be more than ok with Lundqvist playing in every game the rest of the way.

...i know the worry is that he might get worn out, but what's the use of having a rested Lundqvist if they don't make the playoffs because Auld couldn't get it done.

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has more here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So much for safe is death, resting lundqvist and accountability yada yada from "Torts."

Unknown said...

This one is up to the coaches. If Henrik appears like he is wearing out I would understand Auld playing in one game. It's not like sending Auld out there is tantamount to quitting.

...And I don't want to rest Hank for the playoffs, I want to rest him if it gives us the best chance of making the playoffs...which it probably doesn't.

Also, big win for us Directv customers getting Versus just in time. I wrote them a letter a day for three months so thats pretty much all me.