Friday, October 3, 2008

Congrats to Korpikoski

With all the news about Corey Potter and Brian Fahey being re-assigned and Petr Prucha having a Malik-like meltdown, I forgot to send a big congratulations to Lauri Korpikoski for making the big club.

While its always nice to bring in high profile free agents like Naslund, Redden and Zherdev, I think fans get the most excited when a rookie makes the team out of camp. The past few years we've had a lot of success bringing up rookies such as Girardi, Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal and Dawes. And I have no doubt that Korpikoski will continue that trend.

What gets me even more pumped is the line Korpikoski will be centering. Teaming him with Callahan and Sjostrom gives the Rangers a pure energy line that can also put the puck in the net. That's right Ranger fans a third line that can put the puck in the net.

I've made it know that I was very happy with the Rangers decision to not re-sign their older slower players such as Jagr, Straka and Shanahan and go with a younger faster line-up. With the opening day roster now finalized, I'm even more confident that Glen Sather has taken this team in the right direction.

Here's hoping that the Victoria Cup isn't the only cup the Rangers are raising this year.

No comments: