Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lines That Are Working

Scott Burnside at ESPN.com looks at some lines that are clicking so far this season, including one (duh, I wonder which one) from the Rangers...

After opening with two wins in Europe with Scott Gomez centering Chris Drury and Markus Naslund, the New York Rangers have tinkered with their "top" lines but haven't suffered in the standings. That's because Brandon Dubinsky, Nikolai Zherdev (who came over from Columbus, where he was too inconsistent for coach Ken Hitchcock) and the surprising Aaron Voros have provided consistent production for the Rangers (6-2-1). At 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, Voros has been the biggest surprise since his offseason arrival from Minnesota (five goals, four assists in nine games), providing a nice compliment to the skilled Zherdev (five points).

...while I enjoy all the accolades this line is garnering. I'd rather there be columns on how all four lines are having early season success. But that's just me, I'm a little greedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll take any line thati s centered by Joe Sakic. The 39 year old centerman can still play! What a game I saw him have against the Flyers. Now, thats not saying much, since the Flyers would make a line consisting of one of the Hanson brothers, Jeremy Roenick, and Jonathan Toews grandmother look good, but still, you gotta give the guy his props. He can still skate, and I think the best attribute of a successful NHLer is to be able to make those around you better. It's the Gretzky factor. Im talking pre Rangers Gretzky by the way. Check out my Flyers blog at http://www.myspace.com/georgemrns08