Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update On Avery/Giannone Fued

Sam Weinman at the Rangers Report had a vague report yesterday about a heated argument between Sean Avery and MSG's John Giannone during the first intermission of the Rangers/Dallas game.

Today Steve Zipay at Blue Notes fills in the details noting that 'Avery emerged from the Stars locker room with about four minutes remaining in the break and unleashed a barrage of obscenity at Giannone.' Apparently during that barrage Avery made a remark about Giannone's wife which prompted the broadcaster to fire back. Zipay says it's still unclear what lit the fuse.

Here's what MSG had to say about the confrontation...

''There was a verbal exchange between the two last night. It's over and we won't have any further comment."

The league is not expected to discipline Avery.

...i wonder if Giannone will be disciplined by MSG. I know Avery said something (and I don't even want to speculate how vulger it was) about Giannone's wife, but he's covered Avery's antics the last two years and should know better. Giannone should have been a professional and just laughed it off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you can get the video of this from MSG, but maybe what set this all off is what Giannone said during Rangers gamenight while talking with Al Trautwig. I don't remember exactly what was said, but I remember thinking, "wow, John G. is being real opinionated." His comment was about Avery and how he needs all this attention around him. It was definately a cheap shot. I don't know how to get this video, but I would not be suprised if this had something to do with the feud. I think the comments came about 17-21 mins into the show. It was about 10 of 7 I think when I remember seeing it.